The MEDEA Awards was set up to recognise and reward excellence in the field of media-enhanced learning in Europe. These awards were launched in 2007 by a small consortium of partners who are active in the field of media enhanced education and who are committed to raising awareness and promoting best practice in the innovative use of media to enhance education. The awards are managed by a small organising committee with experience in the area of education, e-learning and media production.
Bird's-eye view of an Organising Committee meeting
The founders of the MEDEA Awards were brought together by their wish to promote the use of media and video in education and their desire to encourage educators and trainers to benefit from the advantages of integrating new technologies and video in the curriculum. As the MEDEA Awards has grown, the team has been expanded to become the MEDEA Awards Organising Committee. The day-to-day activities of this competition are managed by the MEDEA Secretariat, which is based in ATiT, Belgium.
Current members of the organising committee are:
- Janne Länsitie, Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Gérard Casanova, Université de Lorraine, France
- Wim Van Petegem, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Sally Reynolds, Audiovisual Technologies, Informatics and Telecommunications (ATiT), Belgium
- Mathy Vanbuel, Audiovisual Technologies, Informatics and Telecommunications (ATiT), Belgium
These committee members also represent their companies, institutions and organisations which are partners in the MEDEA Awards.