Monkey Labs, a series of educational video games, was developed in 2009 by game studio Larian Studios and educational book publisher die Keure (Belgium). Monkey Labs I, the first in this series, is a 3D videogame in which students have to solve various mathematics challenges. Following an intriguing narrative, the student/player sees a seemingly abandoned research complex and it is up to the player to unveil the mysteries within, and save the monkeys and scientists that are locked up inside this place of surprises and plot-twists.
The overall winners of the MEDEA Awards 2017 were announced today 19 April 2017 in a virtual Ceremony streamed here. Watch the video!
The 8 finalists for the 2017 Annual MEDEA Awards were announced by the MEDEA Awards Organising Committee today. They are (in alphabetical order):
- 321via.ch by Sara Alloatti (Switzerland)
- Cuba Stories by John Drew, Mark Grabowski and Joan Stein-Schimke (United States)
- De mayor quiero ser científica by Fundación Profesor Novoa Santos (Spain)
- Écoute cette histoire by TV5 Québec (Canada)
- In my own view by Karpos (Greece)
- Physics House by ClickView (Australia)
- Project management simulation by Saffron Interactive (United Kingdom)
- Somme Tales by The National Archives (United Kingdom)
The overall winners will be announced during a virtual MEDEA Awards ceremony which takes place on Wednesday 19 April 2017. The winners will be invited to the Media & Learning Conference 2018 in Brussels. This year the awards attracted more than 100 entries from 26 countries and the judging panel was made up of 86 judges.
Read the full press release
For more information about the MEDEA Awards: http://www.medea-awards.com
For more information and the Media & Learning Conference: http://www.media-and-learning.eu