The 4-minute film 'Et si c'était toi?' was produced in 2008 by 17 to 18-year old students of the secondary school Lycée Technique du Centre in Luxembourg. With the generous time and effort of students of class 3IF1 and their French teacher, this film was made largely outside of school hours, in the framework of the project 'School without violence' (Lycée Sans Violence). An educational guide discusses the topics of bullying and suicide, the warning signals, suggested attitudes towards a victim and the guide also facilitates an interactive group session.
The judges who evaluate entries to the MEDEA Awards recognise the primary role of effective and innovative educational design in the use of moving images with learners. This means that they will be looking first and foremost for materials and approaches that demonstrate original and successful use of media with learners to achieve clearly defined educational outcomes. The quality of the materials themselves is important as the judges will consider the following criteria, appropriate to the learning context:
- Pedagogical quality: quality of didactics and of communication. Is there a clear learning objective? Is it likely that the material will result in good learning? In recognition of the importance of pedagogical quality, marks for this criterion have a double weight in the final score for each entry.
- Use of media: the choice and selection of the type of media, the advantages of the media selected. Is the type of media chosen used appropriately and in an exemplary fashion?
- Aesthetic quality: attractiveness of materials. Is the style and design consistent and appropriate for the target users? Is the entry appealing and pleasing to look at and to use?
- Usability: the intuitiveness of the material. Is it easy to use the application? Is there support, a set of guidelines, the possibility of feedback or help?
- Technical quality: are there possible flaws in the system and/or compatibility issues? Is it necessary to have unrealistic or advanced technical knowledge to be able to use the system, etc.
The judges are particularly keen to encourage original and groundbreaking applications of moving images and sound in education. In addition to the main award, the judges may, at their discretion, present a special award to an approach or production in recognition of exceptional innovation in pedagogic or technical design.
Please read the Terms and conditions for more information regarding your entry.